For the Cakes
6 Elizabeth Shaw Chocolate Crisps
100g (4 oz) soft margarine
100g (4 oz) caster sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
100g (4 oz) self raising flour, sifted
For the Topping
100g (4 oz) butter, softened
200g (7 oz) icing sugar, sifted
18-20 Elizabeth Shaw Chocolate Crisps
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4. Have ready 18-20 cake cases on a baking tray
- Place 6 Chocolate Crisps in a blender and blitz until finely crushed. Cream together the margarine and sugar with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the egg, adding a little flour with the last addition. Carefully fold in the remaining flour and the crushed Chocolate Crisps using a metal spoon.
- Place a heaped teaspoonful of the mixture into each cake case. Bake in the centre of the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until the cakes are well risen and cooked. Transfer the cakes onto a wire rack and leave until cold.
- To make the topping: cream together the butter and half of the icing sugar, then gently fold in the rest of the icing sugar until smooth and fluffy. Pipe a swirl of butter cream onto each cake.
- To decorate, cut the remaining Chocolate Crisps in half and place two pieces in the buttercream on top of each cake to form butterfly wings.