16 Elizabeth Shaw Chocolate Crisp
175g (6 oz) digestive biscuits
75g (3 oz) butter or margarine
25g (1 oz) soft brown sugar
50g (2 oz) corn flour
45g (1½ oz) caster sugar
Sprigs of mint
- Reserve six Chocolate Crisps for decoration, place the remaining chocolates into a blender and blitz until finely crushed. Place the biscuits in the blender separately and crush finely.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a pan, then remove from heat and stir in the brown sugar and crushed biscuits. Mix well, then divide between the bases of six sundae dishes, levelling and pressing down the surface.
- In a bowl, blend together the corn flour and sufficient milk to form a smooth consistency, then stir in the remaining milk. Pour into a pan, then add the sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens. Simmer gently for a few minutes to cook the corn flour, then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the crushed Milk Chocolate Crisps until melted.
- Pour the mixture equally over the biscuit crumbs and leave in a cool place to set. When cold, chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Before serving, finely grate the remaining Chocolate Crisps and sprinkle over the top of each dessert. Decorate with sliced strawberries and sprigs of mint.