75g (3 oz) Digestive Biscuits
35g (1.3 oz) Butter, for melting
For the Chocolate Mousse
100g (4 oz) Elizabeth Shaw Crisp Chocolate, chopped and melted (we've used 16 Dark Mint Crisp)
100g (4 oz) Dark Chocolate
3 Eggs, separated
50g (2 oz) Caster Sugar
1 tbsp Mint Baileys
8 Dark Mint Crisps for decorating (we've used Dark Mint Crisp)
- Crush the digestive biscuits and mix with the melted butter. Press into a dessert glass or ramekin.
- Make up the chocolate mousse by melting the Dark Mint Crisp and dark chocolate and leave to cool slightly. Mix the chocolate with the egg yolks stirring until the mixture is smooth
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed. Add the sugar and whisk again until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Add the Baileys to the chocolate mixture and mix until smooth.
- Fold the two mixtures together and smooth on top of the biscuit base. Leave in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Crush 4 mint crisps and sprinkle on the mousse, half the remaining 4 crisps and stick into the top of your dessert. Garnish with citrus peel for that finishing touch.