4 large eggs (at room temperature)
200 grams of caster sugar
2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons of cornflour
40 grams of Elizabeth Shaw Extra Dark Chocolate grated
300 ml of whipping cream
300 grams of raspberries
The seeds from 1 passion fruit
- Heat the oven to 140C
- Line a baking tray with a sheet of greased proof paper. Using an upturned bowl as a template, draw a circle on the greased proof paper, approximately 8inches wide.
- Put the egg whites in a dry, clean bowl.
- Whisk the egg white, on a medium speed if using an electric whisk, until the egg whites are slightly stiff.
- Sprinkle the vinegar and the cornflour onto the whisked egg whites.
- Add 1/3 of the sugar to the bowl.
- Continue to whisk the egg whites, add the second third of the sugar, continue to whisk, and then add the final third.
- Stop whisking when the egg whites are stiff and glossy looking. Gently fold in the finely grated chocolate.
- Spoon the meringue onto the greased proof paper into a circle.
- Make a nest shape with the meringue, make the edges higher than the middle.
- Put the meringue into the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour turn the oven off and leave the meringue in the oven to totally cool, it can be left overnight.
- Remove the meringue from the greased proof paper and put it onto a plate.
- Whisk the cream so it is firm, but not too stiff, top the meringue with the cream.
- Pile the raspberries on top of the cream and drizzle the passion fruit over the raspberries.